Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bistrot Mirabelle

Another Tuesday another night out! Sorry for my lack of posting, I didn't get around to posting my review of Mesa Ranch, but I will after this one! 

Tonight's culinary adventure was french cuisine at Bistrot Mirabelle on Mesa Dr. At my last job, a co-worker had told me he worked at this restaurant as well, and finally I managed to check it out. I'd read rather good reviews from Urban Spoon and Yelp, and after looking at the menu online I was very excited to come here, everything sounded good! 

We walked in and were given a very welcoming greeting, seated and quickly we had our drinks. The staff were all very attentive and friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and ready to answer any questions. I always drink a lot of water throughout my meal, so the staff being able to keep up with filling my glass about 7 times throughout is always a good thing! 

I'm always excited to try new things, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to try that i'd never had before, I mussels or duck liver pate. In the end we decided on the mussels as an appetizer and was not disappointed! They came in a bowl in a white wine butter cream sauce and topped with french fries. Definitely a great introduction to mussels for me! The french fries, while not the best, were hot and crispy and very very good! The mussels reminded me somewhat of escargot, the same consistency and texture, and I was very pleasantly surprised with how good they were. What really made the dish though was the sauce! Creamy and buttery but light and delicious. Perfect with mussels and oh so good for dipping bread in! I could've eaten the sauce and bread all night it was so good!

 For entree's we ordered the Tuesday special, the Choux Farcis, cabbage rolls with ground pork and beef in a tomato butter sauce and served with their whipped potatoes. Very very delicious! Perfectly cooked, the mashed potatoes, while nothing special, were still very good and went perfectly with the sauce.
The other entree we ordered was the Friday special, Lobster Pot Pie. Due to a large amount of lobster they had they decided to serve it today as well as on Friday. Puff pastry envelopes the Lobster stew to make a puff of heaven! The pastry is delicious, the stew was creamy and the lobster was perfectly cooked. Lemme tell you, this is definitely worth the price. The amount of lobster you get in this is amazing! Huge chunks of lobster fill the bowl making sure you don't feel ripped off.
Worth the price any time! The quality of the food and service is great. Great food a cozy atmosphere. Simple and sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment