Thursday, January 3, 2013

Better Than Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake


Pound cake is underrated. 



Seriously. Everyone who thinks pound cake is just a "simple dessert" or breakfast is dead wrong. This stuff is good. 

I'll admit I don't make too many pound cakes because I prefer the super decadent chocolatey desserts, but this cake is changing my mind.


Moist, dense, and sweet this cake is the whole package. It is not for the lemon haters out there, this cake has a very strong lemony flavor from chopped and fresh lemons and lemon juice.


This cake came about as a request from a co-worker. She wanted "a lemon cake. The kinds with the hole in the middle."


I assumed she meant a pound cake so that's what I made. I was a little nervous as I brought it to her, but when she tried it she gave immediate praise! Success!

Everyone else who tried it loved it as well, and it is agreed that this cake is better than Starbucks'.


I don't mean to seem lazy, but instead of re-writing the recipe and directions for this cake, i'll just give you the link to Dozen Flours post on this cake since she has very helpful tips and pictures to help you make this cake, here.


6 comments:

  1. I agree that pound cake is underrated. A great pound cake can be the most decadent dessert!

    I've been keeping up with your blog for awhile now and saw you made the Chronicle's list of top ten Austin food blogs! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I honestly am shocked they mentioned me, I had no idea people actually read my site... haha, thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my site Sarah! I would love for you to guest blog! Can you please email me at kitchenconcoctions at gmail dot com so we can discuss the details.

    Regarding this cake... I usually obsess over chocolate desserts (too!), but if it's not chocolate I prefer citrus desserts. So fresh and flavorful, this cake looks divine!

    Oh and I also want to say congrats on making into onto the Chronicle's top food blogs list. That's HUGE! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright I will definitely do that, sounds good!

      Thank you so much! I'm still shocked haha

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked my recipe! I love that you made it for a co-worker too, especially since that was my motivation for creating the recipe in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for posting this recipe! It really is A-mazing! :)

      Delete