Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Caramel Corn

I know, I know.




"Now you're doing caramel corn? But the holidays just ended!"

I'm late. Sue me. 

The holidays were just so busy I completely forgot this post. So better late than never right?


We actually made this caramel corn for halloween and boy was it good! The recipe came from the amazing miss Paula Deen, so of course it's great.

The holidays may officially be over, but it''s never too late to make delicious warm caramel corn!

Caramel Corn

(Recipe adapted from Paula Deen)

1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread out on a clean baking sheet to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment