Sunday, June 10, 2012

European Bistro

So where did my food adventures take me this last time? The European Bistro! A small restaurant in downtown Pflugerville serving the finest European food in all of Austin, in my opinion. This wasn't the first time i'd eaten here, but it was for my brother. He loved it, like I knew he would.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very unique. A two story seating place, dimly lit with a piano player, a glass case filled with fresh made cakes and other sweet treats. It makes you feel like you left the small town of Pflugerville and went to an actual Bistro in Europe.

I've tried several of the dishes here, all of which were amazing, my personal favorite is the Jagerschnitzel. A veal schnitzel with mushroom sauce... (picture below) Just thinking of it makes me drool... Crispy, bready, saucy, yummy deliciousness....
But! That's not all. The Hungarian Goulash served over Spatzle is also to die for. A comfort dish that'll leave you satisfied and happy.
I tried the Chicken Crepes with Cheese Sauce for the first time and I was impressed. I've only ever had sweet crepes so I was a little weary about how it would taste, but this was even better than sweet crepes. Cheesy and chickeny, light and fulfilling. Packets of happiness.
And last but not least of the dishes we had that night, which was also very very delicious, was the pork schintzel. Drizzle the lemon juice all over it and fly right to European heaven.
The only drawback at the European Bistro is the food takes quiet a while to prepare. Even if you're the only customer there, they make everything from scratch so much prep is required. So I suggest getting an appetizer, like three cheese spread with bread. Very good and will hold you over until your food arrives! But trust me, the wait is  worth it.
The European Bistro is definitely in my top ten list of my favorite restaurants. The food and atmosphere score very high, and of all the times i've gone i've never been disappointed. The staff are all very friendly and knowledgeable and the musicians that play are very talented. I strongly urge everyone to try it out at least once. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment