Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My new favorite cookie (white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies)

Sometimes I forget how good oatmeal cookies are. Given the choice between oatmeal cookies or chocolate chip cookies I would always pick chocolate chip. The oatmeal always scared me away.

They are totally underrated though. Just because they say oatmeal doesn't mean they're all healthy and nasty.

These white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies are anything everything but nasty.



In fact these cookies are my new favorite cookies.


Moist chewy and rich. These cookies are so heavenly, I could've sat there and ate the whole tray.

But I was a good girl, and took some to work with me. My co-workers were very very happy.


These cookies also gave me a chance to put my new cookie jars to good use! I just love cookie jars, and aren't these adorable? I couldn't pass them up.


Please make these. They really are so amazing!

I'm sure Santa would put you on the nice list if you gave him these cookies! ;)

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

(Recipe adapted from Baked Perfection)

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350° F.

Combine, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 1 - 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment