Monday, December 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes


This semester I had an early class at 7:30 two days a week. Surprisingly I preferred those days over the ones where my classes started at 10:30. I went to class half asleep but when it was over with I was done with the day. The whole rest of my day was free!




My brother had early classes as well 3 days of the week. But on Wednesdays he would go to class and then be home by about 10. 

I'd been wanting to make pumpkin pancakes for a while now, but I usually always have the same thing for breakfast, since I try to eat healthy, and I really didn't want to make a huge batch of pumpkin pancakes for myself. 

So I made him breakfast! I'm such a great sister aren't I? 



A win win for everyone, I get to try a new recipe, he gets breakfast. It's all good! 

Pumpkin Pancakes

(Recipe adapted from Vintage Kitchen Notes)

Ingredients

1 ¼  cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoons cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups whole milk
¾ cup pumpkin puree

4 large eggs, separated
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
Favorite pancake syrup

Directions

In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl mix milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks and butter. In another bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks.
Add the pumpkin mix to the dry mixture and mix just until no streaks of flour remain.
Add egg whites and mix gently with a spatula. It should be well incorporated but don´t overmix.
Heat a pancake skillet over medium heat. Brush with a bit of butter and cook pancakes, 1/3 cup of batter at a time. Cook on one side until bubbles form and bottom is brown. Flip and cook on the other side until browned. It should take between 1 to 2 minutes per side.

Remove to clean plate and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment