Sunday, August 12, 2012

Man Bites Dog

I'm always cold. Seriously all summer I have carried a jacket around with me everywhere I went. This past week though? HOT! I've hardly worn a jacket at all and I actually turned the air conditioning in my car up past low. You know it's hot when that happens. I'm actually getting ready for fall...
Anyways, today was a split shit at work and not knowing what to do with three hours I drove to the Domain, walked around for a bit, then decided to drive down Burnet and see if any restaurants looked good. I wasn't particularly hungry but it's something to do and I knew I needed to eat. I could either eat at work, go home, or try something new. I almost gave up and went home to find something to eat when I saw Man Bites Dog. I'd heard of the place before and knew I had to try it.

I walked into the tiny place and loved it instantly. Small and cute. Looking at the menu everything looked amazing. I asked the girl what was her favorite and what was the most popular items on the menu which she told me were the Abe Froman and the Chili Cheese. I was undecided between the coney, chili cheese dog, or the all classic Abe Froman dog. I eventually decided on the Abe Froman: Beef frank, yellow mustard, onions, relish, tomatoes, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. The food was served fast and the dog was amazing. Hot and fresh, it was honestly one of the best hot dogs I've ever had. Considering im not the biggest hot dog fan that is saying something.

Halfway through the Abe Froman, I just had to try the Cartoon Dog. A hot dog with peanut butter and jelly topped with captain crunch cereal. How could I possibly pass that up?
Sweet and savory. Crunchy, creamy, juicy, sweet and salty. This dog had everything. While if you're looking for a good old fashioned hot dog, don't go for this, but you should at least try it. While eating it you feel like a little kid. Almost naughty in a way. So wrong but so right...

Needless to say it was a good break from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment