Monday, February 4, 2013

Tiramisu

Today has been one of those days... Okay, it hasn't been that bad really, I actually got some very exciting news regarding Sarah Eats Austin which I will share with ya'll very soon, but i've had that nagging feeling that i'm about to get sick all day, plus having to work all day, it hasn't been fun...

I hate being sick. Cold, stomach flu, flu, anything I hate it. I never let it slow me down though, I power through like a trooper! Nyquil in hand I do my job!




One thing that keeps me going though, besides nyquil, is coffee. Hot coffee, iced coffee, and even coffee in desserts! That stuffs like a drug and i'm a stone cold addict.

Which is partly why I love this Tiramisu so much. 


Cool, creamy, boozy, coffee-y. This dessert just calls to me.


I have to say though I was glad when this dessert was all gone from my house. 

My thighs didn't love it quite as much as my tastebuds did.


I might not be able to help myself though, I might have to make this again soon... Like very soon.

Tiramisu

(Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentis)

Ingredients

*6 egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups strong espresso, cooled
2 teaspoons dark rum
24 packaged ladyfingers
Cocoa powder for garnish

Directions

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Add mascarpone cheese and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and mix until thoroughly combined.

In a small shallow dish, add remaining espresso and rum. Dip each ladyfinger into espresso for only 5 seconds (I dipped mine for 2 seconds). Letting the ladyfingers soak too long will cause them to fall apart. Place the soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish, breaking them in half if necessary in order to fit the bottom.

Spread evenly 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Arrange another layer of soaked ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.

Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.

Before serving dust with cocoa powder.


**Raw egg warning! Eat and make at your own risk!**

No comments:

Post a Comment