Saturday, February 16, 2013

Edamame Pesto Quinoa Salad

Did everyone have a nice Valentines Day? 

Judging from all the people that came into the restaurant I work at that day, it was either great or awful.

I felt bad, our first customer came in complaining about how much roses and chocolate were... Poor fella. 

However, it was nice seeing cute couples come in all lovey dovey with each other. It makes me hopeful that maybe some marriages will last.



Whether your valentines day was good or bad, i'm sure I wasn't the only one to consume way too much chocolate. Which is why I decided to whip up this super healthy salad which contains tons of superfoods. Quinoa, edamame, olive oil. This salad is delicious!


Ever since I first discovered how easy pesto was to make and how amazingly delicious it is i've been making it all the time. Mixing it up and playing around with ingredients, I have yet to make a bad batch of this stuff. 

(Ignore the completely unhealthy frito chip bag. I was good and didn't have any I swear!)

Edamame Pesto Quinoa Salad

(Recipe by SarahEatsAustin)

Ingredients

1/2 cup pine nuts
1 cup edamame
2 tsp garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and garlic salt to taste to taste
4 medium sweet peppers
1 cup uncooked quinoa 
2 cups water

Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. I made mine by bringing the 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Once the water boils add quinoa, bring back to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let cook for about 12 mins covered, or until quinoa has absorbed all the liquid. 
Then fluff quinoa with a fork and let sit for about 15 minutes covered.

To make the pesto combine the rest of the ingredients except garlic salt in a blender and blend until a smooth paste. If it's too thick add more olive oil. 

Place quinoa in a bowl and combine with the pesto. Season with garlic salt and fold in peppers. Chill for at least 1 hour and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment