Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Avocado Deviled Eggs and Looking For a New Job/Apprenticeship


How is everyone this lovely rainy Tuesday night? 

So ya'll have probably heard or noticed that i'm not too fond of my job. I honestly used to love it, believe me I did, but i'm afraid that I've grown out of it. I want something that will actually help me in my future, something that I can use as a learning experience. 

While I've learned a lot at my job now as a server, I want a job actually in the kitchen. I want to learn gain experience in the kitchen and learn how to cook different things. 

Which is why i'm here talking to all of you about it. 

If anyone out there in Austin, whether you are a restaurant or food truck, needs extra help in the kitchen I would love to do and apprenticeship for you. Paid or non-paid, I really just want the experience of working in a real life kitchen or food truck. 

Send me an email,somethingsweetaustin@yahoo.com, and I can give you reference numbers and answer and further questions that you may have. 



Wow, okay I know it's a long shot posting a job wanted ad on this blog, but hey desperate times calls for desperate measures. I'm a hard worker, and in my experience you can get a lot more than you think you can, all you have to do is just try.


And now to present to you these scrumptious little deviled eggs with avocado in them, a delicious twist on a classic! I made these last Sunday for Easter and got approval from everyone at the table, including my picky brother! 


Avocado Deviled Eggs

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Ingredients

8 hard boiled eggs
1/2 avocado
2 tbls mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dill, plus more for garnish
salt or garlic salt to taste

Directions

Cut the deviled eggs in half long wise and scoop the yolks out into a bowl. Add the avocado. mayo, mustard, lemon juice, dill, paprika and salt to the egg yolks and mix thoroughly with a fork. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
Scoop the mixture into the egg halves and sprinkle with extra dill for garnish. Eat and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I'm loving the use of avocado with eggs -- it's the second time I've seen it this week in one form or another and I think it's genius.

    Good luck with the job hunt! I don't have any leads, but I will keep my ears open for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is so good! And a great way to cut down on the mayo.

      Thanks so much :)

      Delete