Saturday, March 30, 2013

Southern Peach Crisp and Rantings About Ice Cream


Happy Easter Eve!



Hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far. I am for the most part, I got to sleep in so of course that just made the day all that much better.

Today I want to talk about a very serious topic. Not everyone will understand, but my southern friends will agree with me.

Here it is.

Ice Cream.

If there's one thing I love the most it's ice cream. By itself or A La Mode, I could never get enough ice cream. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry I don't judge! Ice cream is ice cream and it's absolutely the best thing ever. 

I'm completely serious, I bake so many cakes, pies and cookies, but you can bet that more than half the time I pair it with a good ice cream. No matter what flavor. Chocolate cake with rocky road? Yes! Pistachio almond ice cream with sugar cookies? I'm there!

I'm addicted!

But! I'm very picky about my ice cream.

The best ice cream out there, hands down is Blue Bell Ice Cream.


Now for those of you who live up north and have never tried Blue Bell, i'm very sorry. Blue Bell is the only ice cream I ever buy, it's so good. Sorry Ben N Jerry's but you don't compare.

Now Blue Bell didn't put me up to this, they have no idea i'm writing this, these are all my completely own thoughts, I just wanted to share this with you all because, seriously I love this stuff. 

Any flavor, i've never come across a flavor I didn't like.

Which leads me to the question, what kind of ice cream do ya'll like? What's your favorite flavor? Leave me a comment and let me know!


And to go along with your ice cream here is a delicious southern peach crisp for you all! Enjoy it A La Mode!

Southern Peach Crisp


Ingredients

2 lbs peaches
1/4 raspberries
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, divided
pinch of salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Ice Cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl combine your peaches, raspberries, vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and set aside.
In another medium mixing bowl combine the rest of your ingredients, except butter, and whisk to combine. Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter, like you would with biscuits, until it's crumbly and about the size of peas. 
Sprinkle the butter mixture evenly over the peach mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Top with a scoop, or two or three..., and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment