Saturday, March 9, 2013

Avocado Pesto Pasta

I'm a wimp.

I admit it. I went down to SXSW for a couple of hours but  you know what? It's cold and rainy! No fun you guys.

Now maybe if I actually had something planned out for today to do I would've stayed, but today I just kinda winged it.

No luck.




Luckily this little festival is going on all week, so hopefully I'll have better luck sometime this week!

So for now i'll just sit at home and watch a movie or something, stay warm, here's a easy and oh so very good recipe for anyone who, like me, is choosing to stay home for a while.

Let me just tell you this pasta is amazing. Pesto probably has to be one of my favorite things. If only pine nuts weren't so expensive I would have it almost everyday!

This recipe got rave reviews from my family, including my dad who, and I quote said, "This is the best pasta I've ever had."

I'm sure ya'll will enjoy it too!



Avocado Pesto Pasta

(Recipe adapted from Chef Chloe)

Ingredients

1 pound linguine
1 bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves for garnish (I used 1/2 tsp dried basil)
½ cup pine nuts
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
½ cup olive oil
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)

Directions

Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.

Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! I sometimes use walnuts for pesto in place of the pine nuts -- a little different taste, but still yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's a good idea! I'll have to try that out! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, go right ahead! Haha i'm honored, and what a cool challenge you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete