Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Braised Chicken and an HEB Goodie Basket Review!

I feel like a little kid. 

This is the firs time anyone's ever sent me anything to review and do you know how exciting that is?! 

To receive this package was like Christmas morning! Especially with the pretty purple bow, I loved it!



HEB was very kind and sent me this huge goodie basket full of their Primo-Picks foods and I was very pleasantly surprised!


The basket included:

Bean and Fiesta Lime Rice Crackers
HEB Hibiscus Ginger Orange Bliss Tea
HEB Cafe Ole K-Cups
HEB Central Market Veggie Chips
Central Market Mango Salad Dressing
2 different kinds of Central Market Organic Chocolate Bars
Adam's Reserve Seafood and Salmon Rub
Green Valley Ranch Fig and Sweet Onion Glaze
Citrus Italian Sparkling Mineral Water
Pink and Red Orchid Nail Polish
Strawberries, Sesame Seeds, and Honey Sahale Snacks

Talk about a jackpot! 


I was very surprised too, there wasn't anything in there I didn't like.

I was a little hesitant about the rice crackers and veggie chips, but both were very good! In fact I would choose either of those over regular chips any day, not just for health reasons but for pure taste. And of course chocolate is a girls best friend so that was the first to go!
Oh and don't let me forget about the Sahale Snacks, i'd never had that before and now i'm hooked. That stuff is seriously good. Like I could eat a bag by myself good.

I made good use of the glaze as well with making these amazing Braised chicken thighs. This recipe is so simple, but packs a ton of flavor! A great meal anytime!


And once again I would like to thank HEB for sending me this very generous gift! There's a reason i've been shopping there all my life!

Braised Chicken Thighs with Green Valley Ranch Fig and Sweet Onion Glaze

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Ingredients

2 LBS chicken thighs
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Green Valley Sweet Fig and Onion Glaze
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Directions

Peaheat oven to 350F.
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place into a dutch oven. In a small bowl combine olive oil, fig and onion glaze and balsamic vinegar and mix well. 
Pour over the chicken thights, place in oven and let cook for about 2-2 1/2 hours or until cooked all the way through and falling off the bone.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so jealous! What a great selection of items to review. I'm a big fan of Sahale Snacks, as well as the Central Market dark chocolate and sparkling mineral water. Great basket!

    Nice to see you today at Smashburger. That media tasting served as all three of my meals today. So much food!

    ReplyDelete