Saturday, March 2, 2013

Vanilla Rum Custard

Dreamy dreamy smooth and creamy!


That is exactly what this dessert is.

Rich and thick custard with sweet notes of vanilla and rum.

This is one of those recipes that you can whip up really fast and impress everyone with how delicious and decadent it is. No one will know how you did it, or that it hardly took any effort.



Now once again I am very disappointed with the pictures I took of this custard. Red just does not seem to do well in pictures plus not having an actual camera tripod also contributes. Oh and the fact that I made this back in December and still didn't know how to take very good pictures also plays a factor.

But I'm learning. I was looking back at some old posts today and i'm amazed at how much better I seem to make them. More detail, better pictures. Not only is my blogging and photography getting better, but I believe my decorating and cooking is too, which is very exciting! 

Who knows what i'll be able to create next!

Which reminds me, did anyone else go to the Austin Cake Show last weekend? How amazing were those cakes?! 

Even the "beginner" cakes were amazing, I swear they must be some natural talents in there. I had so much fun though, me and my mom went and had a grand ole time seeing the cakes and enjoying the day. 

Vanilla Rum Custard

(Recipe adapted from Epicurious)

Ingredients

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 eggs beaten
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and reserved
4 cups heavy cream
4 tbsp light rum

Directions

Heat oven to 300. In a bowl wisk together sugar, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Wisk in cream and rum. Transfer into 8 individual ramekins or a 3 qt baking dish; set inside a roasting pan. Put pan on oven rack; pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up sides of dish. Bake until slightly loose in center, 40-50 minutes. Remove dish from pan; chill until set.


2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing and so delightfully simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love recipes that are really simple but seem so impressive haha

      Delete