Monday, March 11, 2013

Chocolate Caramel Booze Ball

As St. Patricks Day grows closer the Irish recipes keep coming!

These cake balls are not your ordinary cake balls.



No my friend. These cake balls are spiked with Guinness. 

A gooey moist ball of deliciousness that I guarantee will be gone much quicker than you want. In fact, I suggest you make an extra batch of these for yourself! Trust me, you'll regret it if you don't! 


I had made way too many cupcakes when making my Dirty Irish Cupcakes, so I decided to crumble some up and make these delicious treats!

I didn't have just a ton of icing left, so I decided a little extra caramel wouldn't hurt! Unless you are allergic to deliciousness these cake balls are the things for you!


And for all of you who aren't at SXSW right now, I suggest you make these right now. Please. Go. Right now! They will help you get over the sadness that you aren't there at this moment. It's helping me. 

Chocolate Caramel Booze Ball

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Ingredients

leftover guinness chocolate cake crumbs, recipe here
1/4 cup homemade or store bought Caramel Sauce
1/4 cup whiskey buttercream frosting, recipe along with cake recipe
2 tbls butter
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Carefully combine the cake crumbs, caramel and frosting together. Using a spoon create little balls and place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Chill for 20 minutes.
Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler, and after balls have been chilled dip them into the chocolate to coat. Place back on the baking sheet and chill until chocolate is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment