Friday, March 22, 2013

Boozy Mini Pecan Pie Cupcakes

You know those moments in school when you take a test and you think to yourself, "I totally aced that test!" Only to get the test back and find out you failed.

Yeah, those times suck.

Lucky for me though that didn't happen this time. This time I got my midterm test back and found out I got a 98!




Awyeah! It's celebrating time!

The only question I got wrong was a simple math question that was 3.3 instead if 3.2. Yeah, I completely failed that question.


I felt like I did pretty good on the test after I took it, but getting it back and seeing the grade in person just made me feel so good. I got this. I'm not stupid. 

Not when it comes to basic cooking anyway. 


But that's just one of the reasons why today was such a good day. Today was also egg day in lab, so we got to poach, fry, scramble and make sunny side up eggs. 

All of mine came out pretty damn good too, if I do say so myself.

I even perfectly flipped my fried egg which scared me so bad, partly because I didn't want to make a mess, and partly because for some reason everyone decided to watch me while I was doing it... Pressure guys.


But I did it and i'm happy. 

I have to say today was one of the better days i've had in a while. Lots of good news and good times.

Today was a much needed mood lifter. 


Now as a way to "celebrate" having a good day and getting a good grade here are some deliciously fun cupcakes!

These are the perfect treats to welcome in spring, I noticed after I took the picture that they kind of look like little bunnies. Great for Easter!


Anyone remember this pie? My boozy chocolate pecan pie was one of my biggest hits, so I thought i'd incorporate it in another recipe.

The frosting to these too are... ohmygoodness gracious save me. 

Rich vanilla buttercream with a hint of pecan pie filling flavor.

Yes.


Boozy Mini Pecan Pie Cupcakes

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Makes 12 cupcakes

Ingredients

Mini Pecan Pies
1 pie crust
1/2 recipe pecan pie

Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups + 2 tbls all purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperatures
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar

Frosting
2 sticks butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp whiskey
1/4 cup pecan pie filling, without pecans
3-4 cups powdered sugar

Directions

Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line you cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners, set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly in between each one. Combine milk and vanilla in a bowl, and alternating with the flour combine into the butter mixture until all mixed well.
Fill each cupcake liner about halfway with batter. Sprinkle brown sugar over the batter.
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Frosting
For the frosting beat butter in a stand mixer until fluffy. Add in vanilla, whiskey and pecan pie filling and mix to combine. Slowly add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired consistency. You may need more or less. If frosting is to thick add in some milk, if it's too thin keep adding more powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment