Monday, April 8, 2013

Cheddar Pork Rib Biscuit Sandwich


Hello hello, and welcome everyone!

So remember the other day when I said I needed a new job? Well i'm not saying I still don't want a new job, I do, but what i'm here to say is that i've decided to start doing side jobs. 

Jobs such as helping restaurants and food trucks handle their social media and advertising, to get more business and exposure. I'd handle twitter, facebook and any other social media sites, and help to promote them.

Good idea right?

So, if you own a restaurant or food truck and want more exposure, just let me know!



Anyway, to talk about this recipe. I was really excited about this one.

Why you ask? Well the flour was very special flour. This flour came as part of a gift basket from White Lily flour that I won over from cookie madness.

My first time winning a contest from another blogger!


I screamed for about 2 hours in excitement. I mean, the goodie basket was amazing. Flour, a rolling pin, pastry cutter, kitchen towel, a sifter, and a biscuit cutter. 

Yeah, they didn't skimp.


Little did they know that i've actually been on a quest to find the perfect biscuit recipe lately. 

Just in time! 

And in honor of White Lily flour I decided to make their recipe for these biscuits, and I have to say they were pretty darn good. 


And lucky me we had leftover pork ribs from Easter which made the most delicious sandwhiches.

Enjoy!

Cheddar Pork Rib Biscuit Sandwich

(Recipe from White Lily Flour)

Biscuits

2 cups white lily self-raising flour
1/4 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
2/3 - 3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbls butter, melted
Leftover pork ribs, brisket, chicken or meat of your choice
Freshly sliced cheddar


Directions

Preheat oven to 500F.
Sift flour into a large mixing bowl. Cut in the chilled shortening until crumbly and resembles peas. Pour in the buttermilk and stir together with a fork until it forms a thick dough. 
Flour your counter and pour the dough out. Knead only 2-3 times before rolling out to about an inch and cutting into biscuits. 
Brush the tops with the melted butter and bake for 8-10 minutes. 
Once biscuits are done, allow to cool for a few moments before assembling.
Cut the biscuit in half, top with meat of choice and lay a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Place back in the oven for about 1 minute, just long enough to melt the cheese.
Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment