Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baked Red Snapper with Cilantro Lime Avocado Salsa

I just want to say congradulations to everyone who graduated this weekend!

It's a little weird for me to go on facebook and see all these people graduating that I know but don't really know. Acquaintances if you will.

I would be excited and posting about how graduating is awesome alongside them this year as well.




But homeschooling is a little different. Honestly, this whole past year i've felt so much older than I really am. I've felt like I was already in college. Which, technically, I was. Doing early college start just because it saves a hell of a lot of money than decalring myself graduated already and going full time. Can I get a woop woop for ACC?


This past year while going to ACC for culinary arts and working the whole time, having all my friends be out of high school and already in college or just on their own, it's made me forget how people my own age are thinking. It's all about prom and graduation, friends and social groups. It's a little strange.

Maybe it is because I was homeschooled and not much of that really mattered to me ever, but it just seems so different to me.

Which is why now I can officially say i'm graduated but hey, it's just another day. It's not too big of a deal for me. More responsibility? Fun...


I am excited to start really getting into my life though. Creating something amazing and not just being a hole in a wall. I feel like one of those young dreamers right now that everyone thinks is crazy and stupid, but that's ok. At least I'm trying.

And today's recipe is featuring baked red snapper! My brothers and dad are big time fisherman and hunters, so we have an abundance of fish in our freezers. Especially since my mom doesn't like seafood whatsoever, so we don't make it too much. Which is why I thought i'd try my hand at making something with some of it, it's too good to be wasted!


Baked Red Snapper with Cilantro Lime Avocado Salsa

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

For the fish
4 snapper fillets, or whichever fish you like
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp mustard powder
pepper to taste
1 tbls olive oil

For the salsa

2 ripe avocados
2 tomatoes
1/2 lime
Fresh cilantro
garlic salt to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay the fillets out on the pan. Combine all the spices together and sprinkle liberally on each fillet on both sides. Drizzle with olive oil and rub the oil and seasonings into the fish.
Place in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until white and flaky.

For the salsa, cut the avocados and tomatoes into medium sized chunks and place in a bowl. Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lime over top, rough chop as much cilantro as you want and season with garlic salt to taste. Gently stir to combine and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment