Thursday, May 16, 2013

Potato Mushroom and Onion Hash


So this past week my mom has been out of town visiting with my grandparents.

My grandpa has been in the hospital a lot lately, very ill, and it's been really hard on my grandma, and the whole family.




So while my mom was helping them in San Angelo, I've been here at home with my brother and dad and i've basically gotten to play the "mom" role this past week.

Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, feeding the animals making sure everything is in order.

Ok, I had some help, but seriously, guys are messy.

And yesterday I knew if I didn't cook something it was going to be pizza or some sort of takeout, so I quickly whipped up this simple hash.

The thing about any kind of hash is you can really put anything you want in it. potatoes, beef, chicken, tofu, vegetables, whatever!

Make it how you like it!

Oh, and lemme tell you this stuff is amazing in breakfast tacos! Great leftovers right here guys!


I just used a mixture of onions, mushrooms and potatoes for this dish because that's what I had at the time. Simple peasant food but man this stuff is good!

Potato Mushroom and Onion Hash

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Ingredients

olive oil
3 large potatoes, cut into small chunks
1 yellow onion, sliced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
salt & pepper
paprika
mustard powder
garlic powder

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat and add onions. Cook until starting to brown a little then add in the potatoes. Continue cooking a little longer, about 5 minutes then add in the mushrooms. Add more oil if needed. Place a lid over the pan and let steam and cook until potatoes are soft but not mushy. About 8-13 minutes.
Season to taste and garnish with green onion!

No comments:

Post a Comment