Monday, May 6, 2013

Peanut Tofu Noodle Stir Fry


Decisions decisions...

I'm a really bad decision maker. I always over think everything and make it even more complicated than it needs to be. I mean, I've gotten better over the years, but when it comes to big decisions in my life it takes me a while to figure out what to do.

I suppose this is both a good and a bad thing.




On one hand, it's better to really think about what you want and what's better for you than to just rush into any opportunity that opens up. But on the other hand, if you wait to long to decide on something you might end up missing out on something great. 

So is it better to be smart and think or be reckless and go for it?

See, I've been trying to decide what I should do about my working situation lately. I complain about work all the time, it's not a bad job I'm just tired of it. I feel like the job I'm at now won't get me any closer to where I want to be in the future, it's just another small paycheck every other week. 

Should I quit or stay? That's been the big question. The other question was if I did decide to quit should I get another job or enjoy the summer while i'm young and able to not work?

Well question numero uno has been decided, I put my 2 weeks in last Thursday, but whether to get another job is still undecided. 


I love being independent and making my own money, but I've also saved up a lot already and there are so many things I want to do! This summer I already have 2 weeks out that i'm planning to spend helping my brother out with a movie he's making. Plus another trip with my mom hopefully, not to mention all the little trips I would love to take. 

And there's always my dream of just buying a plane ticket to Germany or France and just escaping from everyday realities for a while and getting lost in another culture. One day i'll go....


*sighs* first world problems huh? Poor me.

This isn't me complaining about anything, it's simply me pondering. Should I or shouldn't I? 


We shall see!

Peanut Tofu Noodle Stir Fry

(Recipe by Sarah Eats Austin)

Ingredients

1 block firm tofu
16 oz asian noodles (I used buckwheat noodles)
1 red onion cut into strips
1 red bell pepper cut into strips
2 tbls canola oil

Marinade

2 tbls low sodium soy sauce
1 tbls sesame oil
2 tbls honey
2 tbls orange jelly or sauce

Sauce

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbls low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Garnish

green onions
sesame seeds

Directions
For the tofu: Drain it well by cutting into 4 blocks, placing paper towels underneath and on top of the tofu, then weighing it down with something to squeeze the moisture out. Weigh it down in the fridge for 1 hour.
While the tofu is draining, prepare the marinade by combining all of the ingredients and mixing well.
Once tofu is drained, take out of the fridge, place in a shallow dish and cover with marinade. Place back in the fridge and allow to sit for several hours. (I did it before I went to work so it was ready when I got home).
Cook the noodles in boiling water until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbls of the canola oil in a saute pan over medium high heat, cut the tofu into equal sized cubes, and pan fry in the hot oil until golden brown.
Once tofu is done, transfer to a bowl. Add in the other tbls of canola oil and pan fry your onion and bell pepper for about 15-20 minutes, until soft but still has a bite. Once the vegetables are done, add your tofu and noodles to the pan and gently toss together.
Meanwhile combine all of your sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave until the peanut butter is melted and the mixture is even. Pour this over the noodles vegetables and tofu and gently stir to coat evenly.
Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment